I wanted to share a recipe of salmon dish. I love eating salmon, but it has to be very fresh or I will have a bad fish smell. However, it is very hard to buy a fresh salmon in a local market. If you follow this recipe, you can eat no fish smell raw salmon everyday! Let’s get it!!!
- 1 Raw Salmon (I recommend you to freeze it once before cooking. It would help you kill parasite in the salmon.)
- 200 mL Water
- 100 mL Soy Sauce
- 2 Dried Kelps
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 Green Onion
- 4 Garlic Clove
- 2 tbsp Cooking Wine
- 2 Whole Lemons
- 50 mL Corn Syrup
- 1 Scallion
- 1 Chili (Optional)
1. Prep soup base:
- In a large sauce pot, add water, soy sauce, kelps, sliced onion, sliced or minced ginger, sliced green onion, smashed or minced garlic cloves, cooking wine, 1 lemon, and corn syrup.
- Boil the mixture and reduce to a low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Strain all the liquid and discard the vegetables.
- Transfer the liquid to an individual container and freeze it for about 1 hour.
2. Prep salmon:
- While the liquid is cooling down, thin slice the raw salmon and lemon.
- In a different container, add the salmon, lemon, and miced ginger or thin sliced ginger, plus sliced chili if you want. Add the cooled down liquid on top of the salmon, lemon, and ginger.
- Close its cover and refrigerate it for 3 hours at least.
- Take out the salmon from your refrigerator and serve with egg yolk, wasabi, and sliced scallions.
- You can also serve with cooked rice.