In this post, I wanted to share a recipe for a popular Korean side dish. It is very easy to make and good with rice and soup. If you wanted to make a Korean side dish at home, please try it. You would taste sweet, slightly spicy, and umami flavor from this dish and love it! I hope you enjoy it. Let’s get it!!!
Estimated Time: 20~30 minutes.
Serving Size: 2 servings
- 200g Any Kind of Sausage would work
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Onion
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- Mushroom (Optional)
- 1/4 tbsp Korean Red Pepper Paste
- 1+1/2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 Sugar
- 1/2 Corn Syrup
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1. Prep vegetables and blanch sausage
- In a small sauce pot, add enough water and bring it to boil on a high heat.
- While waiting for the water, cut the onion and bell pepper into a square shape. Slice the garlic cloves.
- Score the surface of the sausage with a knife.
- If the water is boiling, add the sausage and blanch for 2~3 minutes. This process will help you pull out bad food additives from the sausage. You eat healthy sausage!
- Drain water.
- Mix all the sauces in a small bowl.
2. Saute the vegetables and sausage
- In a large frying pan, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and turn on a medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and garlic and cook until it turns light brown.
- Add the vegetables and mixed sauce, then saute for 1 minute.
- Season it with black pepper.
- Serve with a bowl of rice and enjoy!