In this post, I wanted to share a recipe for a simple kimchi dish that is Kimchi rice with cheese and seaweed. It is very similar to kimchi fried rice, but in a different way cooked. If you like kimchi fried rice, you would love it. It is also easy to make. Please try to make it at home if you have kimchi in your refrigerator. I hope you enjoy it. LET’S GET IT!!!
Estimated Time: 20~30 minutes
Serving Size: 2 servings
- 400g Cooked Rice
- 200g Kimchi
- 1 Green Onion
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Seasoned Seaweed (As much as you like)
- Mozzarella Cheese (As much as you like)
- 1+1/2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flake
1. Prep the vegetables:
- Cook the rice if you need it.
- Slice the kimchi and green onion into small sizes.
- Break the seaweed into flakes.
2. Prep the base:
- In a large frying pan, add the oil and green onion, then stir. (Don’t turn on the heat yet. You won’t get a deep green onion flavor)
- Turn on medium-high heat and cook until the green onion turns to light brown.
- Add the sliced kimchi and stir, then cook for about 5 minutes.
- Set the kimchi and green onion on a side of the pan and add the soy sauce, sugar, and red pepper flake on the side of the pan and cook it for about 2 minutes. It will give you a smoky flavor.
- Stir all together and cook another minute.
- Transfer it in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked rice in the bowl and mix well.
3. Cook the rice:
- In the pan, spread the mixed rice flat and turn on medium-high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes. The rice will become crispy.
- Add the cheese on top of the rice and cover with a lid. Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer it to an individual plate by folding it in half and serving with the seaweed flake.
Thank you for reading:)