In this post, I will share a recipe of Korean Spicy Stir-Fried Chicken that is called Dak Galbi (닭갈비) in Korean. If you like Korean culture, then you must try it. It is one of the most popular chicken dish in South Korea. I hope you enjoy it.
Let’s get it!!!
Estimated Time: More than 3 hours
Serving Size: 4 servings
- Chicken Thigh (600g) *I added chicken breat as well because my wife prefers it. I would recommend chicken thigh because thigh absorbs the sauce better.
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 Sweet Potato (200g)
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1/4 Cabbage (500g)
- 10 Perilla Leaves
- 1/2 Green Onion (100g)
- 2~4 Chilli Peppers
- Glass Noodle (Optional)
- 1 Blended Onion
- 6 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Red Pepper Paste
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp DASHIDA or Beef Concentrate (OPTIONAL)
1. Prep the sauce and marinate the chicken:
- In a large bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and mix.
- Slice the washed chicken thinly.
- Add the chicken in the bowl and stir well.
- Refrigerate it for 2 hours at least.
2. Prep the vegetables:
- If you choose to add the glass noodle, soak it in water for more than 30 minutes.
- Peel out the carrot and sweet potato, and slice them.
- Cut the onion, green onions, and cabbage.
- Slice the perilla leaves and chilli peppers.
3. Cook the chicken and vegetables:
- In a large frying pan, add all the vegetables, marinated chicken, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Turn on the medium-high heat and stir well. Cook until the sweet potato is fully cooked. Add the glass noodle, stir, and cook for another 2~3 minutes. (I added too much water…)
- Add the perilla leaves and chilli peppers on the top.
4. Serve with rice!
Thank you for reading:)