I wanted to share a recipe of one of the most popular Korean soups, soybean soup. The soybean soup orginally is served with rice, but in a seperate bowl. This recipe’s rice is going in the soup, style of porridge. Advantage of this soup is you can feel deep of it. If you like eating porridge and soup with rice, then you would love it. I hope you enjoy it!
Estimated Time: 45 minutes ~ 1 hour
Serving Size: 2~3 servings
- 200g Cooked Rice
- 200g Thin Sliced Beef
- 1/4 Onion
- 1/2 Zucchini
- 1/2 Green Onion
- 1/2 Tofu
- 2~4 Green Peppers
- Muchrooms (Optional)
- Perilla Leaf (Optional)
- 500mL Water
- 2 tbsp Soybean Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Red Pepper Paste
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flake
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Korean Fermented Anchovy or Tuna Sauce
1. Prep vegetables:
- Slice all the vegetables and tofu that you have.
2. Start cooking the soup:
- In a large frying or sauce pan, turn on a medium-high heat and warm it up.
- Add the beef and cook it with stirring untill all the red color is gone, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce except the water, and stir well for about 2~3 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir, and cook for about 2~3 minutes.
- Add the water and stir.
- (Optional) If you have DASHIA, then add 1 tsp of it. It would give you Umami flavor.
- Bring it to boil and add the onion, zucchini, mushroom, and tofu, then stir. Cook them untill the vegetables become soft for about 10 minutes.
- Add the green peppers, green onions, and perilla leaves.
- Serve on individual bowls and enjoy!