The place, Los Angeles where I am living is too hot these days. Epecially, today is about 40 C (104 F) so I made a cold ramen with Korean instant ramen. It is super easy to make and fast so I recommend you make it if your place is hot and have instant ramen at home.
My recipe is for 2 servings and takes about 30~40 minutes.
Let’s get it!
- 2 Any Spicy Korean Instant Ramen (I used Mild Jin Ramen)
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Any Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 Ramen Soup Powder
- 2 EA Green Pepper
- 2 EA Sweet Bell Pepper (Optional)
- 2 EA Scallion
- 2 EA Imitation Crabs or Lobsters (Optional)
- A bunch of Perilla Leaves (Optional)
I really recommend you add green pepper or jalapeno and scallion for sure. Other toppings are optional. You can add any vegetables and proteins you have in your refrigerator. For the proteins, you can add cooked chicken, pork, or beef that is cooled.
1. Prep soup base:
- Put the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and soup powder in a large bowl and stir well.
- Store it at freezer or refrigerator while preparing toppings and cooking noodle.
2. Cook noodle:
- In a larg pot, add enough water to cook the noodle and bring it to a boil on high heat.
- When the water is boiling, add the noodle and dried vegetable packets.
- Stir it well and cook it for 4 minutes.
- Prep ice bath with ice and cold water while cooking the noodle. Once the noodle is fully cooked, drain the hot water, and transfer the noodle to the ice bath and stir it until the noodle gets cold.
3. Prep toppings:
- While cooking the noodle, slice all the vegetables thinly.
- Tear the proteins with your hands.
- Add the noodle, soup, a couple of ice cubes on individual bowls.
- Add the toppings and proteins.
The soup was very tasty and cold! It was slightly sweet, spicy, and sour. I am pretty sure you will love it. You must try it! I hope you enjoy it:)
Thank you for reading:)