In this post, I wanted to share a recipe from Sunbasket, tofu with cashew-lime glaze, bok choy, and orage salsa. This dish is gluten-free, Mediterranean, dairy-free, soy-free, diabetes-friendly, vegetarian-friendly and low carb. It is also low calories and most ingredients are organic, so good for people who is on diet and want to be eating healthy. Please purchase the ingredients and walk through the recipe with me. Let’s get it!!
- 2 heads Organic Baby Bok Choy
- 3 Organic Scallions
- 10 oz Extra-Firm Organic Tofu
- Cashew-Lime Glaze (Combine Cashew Butter + Lime Juice + Coconut Aminos + Toasted Sesame Oil + Garlic + Sambal Oelek + Ginger)
- 1 Organic Orange
- 4 or 5 Springs Organic Fresh Cilatro
- 1 or 2 Organic Radishes (about 2 oz total)
- 2 tsp Shichimi Togarashi
1. Prep and cook the bok choy and scallions
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, keeping the cores intact.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions into 2 inch lengths.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1~2 tbsp of oil until hot.
- Add the bok choy, and the scallions, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook without turning until lightly browned and just tender for about 3~4 minutes per side.
- Transfer it to a plate.
2. Prep and cook tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In the same pan, and add 1-2 tsp of oil and warm it.
- Add the tofu and season with salt and pepper, and cook with stirring for about 4~5 minutes until it turns to brown.
- Add and stir in the cashew-lime glaze and 5 tbsp of water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the glaze is thickened slightly for about 2~3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
3. Make the orange salsa
- Peel the orange, and cut the fruit lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices. Discard any seeds.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Thinly slice the radishes for garnish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the orange, cilantro, the shichimi togarashi, and 1~2 tsp of oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the bok choy and scallions to individual plates. Top with the tofu, orange salsa, and radishes and serve.
What I liked:
- Low calories and low carb; it would be perfect for diet people!
- Flavor of cashew was tasty.
- The orange salsa was washing my mouth very well.
What I disliked:
- Overall, flavors were a kind of boring. If you want to eat something that strong taste, then I don’t recommend it.