I wanted to share a recipe from Sunbasket with you. Today’s menu is “Seared Tuna and Black Rice Bowls with Roasted Sweet Potato and Nori.” Please purchase ingredients and follow my direction. I am pretty sure you will enjoy it:) My recipes would be helpful for someone who is struggling with daily meal menu. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Black Rice
- 1 Organic Sweet Potato
- 3 or 4 organic Radishes (about 1/4 pound total)
- 1 Organic Lime
- 4 or 5 Springs Organic Fresh Cilatro
- 1 Organic Jalpeno or Chile
- Sesame Dressing Base (Coconut Aminos + Coconut Vinegar + Toasted Sesame Oil)
- 2 Wild Yellowfin Tuna Steaks (about 6 ounces each)
- Nori strips (for garnish)
1. Cook the rice
- In a small sauce pot, combine the black rice and 1 cup of water.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the water is all absorbed for about 25~30 minutes.
2. Prep and roast the sweet potato
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F degree.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cover a paper foil on a sheet pan, spread the sweet potatoes and drizzle 2~3 tsp of oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Put the pan into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
3. Prep the radishes, cilatro, and sesame dressing
- Wash the radishes and cut stems and into quarters.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping them separate.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish
- Wash the Jalapeno, removethe stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop it.
- In a small bowl, stir togetther the radishes, lime zest, and half of the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, stir together the sesame dressing , the rest of lime juice, and jalapeno as much as you like. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Prep and cook the tuna
- Pat the tuna dry with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1~2 tsp of oil until hot.
- Add the tuna and cook for about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly.
- Cut the tuna into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Transfer the rice, tuan, sweet potatoes to a plate. Garnish with cilantro and nori strips.
- Serve with the dressing and the radishes
- Calories: 520
- Protein: 38g
- Fiber: 7g (25% DV)
- Total Fat: 12g (15% DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 50mg (17% DV)
- Sodium 260mg (11% DV)
- Carbohydrates: 65g (24% DV)
- Total Sugar: 9g
- Added Sugars: 2g (4% DV)
What I liked:
- Overall, very tasty and healthy flavor.
- Tuna was very fresh, no fish smell at all!
- The rice was very tender.
- The dressing’s sesame flavor was very good and spicy.
What I disliked
- The rice was little bit watery. I had to cook it more.
- Sweet potatoes were little burnt. Less baking time would be better.
- Portion was a kind of small. Not enough portion for 2 people.
- Add some vinegar on the radish would make it better. I expected more sour flavor from it.
Thank you for reading:)