Today, I wanted to share a meal kit from Sunbasket with you. Today’s menu is Farro and corn salad with spiced chickpeas and toasted hazelnuts. Its portion serves 2 people, takes about 25-40 minutes, and 530 calories per serving. This dish is vegetarian, Mediterranean, soy-free, and diabetes-friendly. I recommand you going a grocery shop and buying the ingredient that I will represent, then make it at home would be fun. I hope you enjoy it:)
- 1/2 cup Farro
- 3 tbsp Dry-roasted hazelnuts
- 3 Organic scallions
- 1 cup Cooked chickpeas
- 1 Organic corn on the cob
- 4 or 5 springs Organic fresh dill
- Spice blend (Granulated garlic, coriander, sweet smoked paprika 1:1:1 ratio)
- 1 oz Organic baby arugula
- 1 tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 oz Ricotta salata
1. Cook the farro
- In a medium sauce pot, add the farro in lightly salted water.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce a simmer, and cook for about 12 minutes.
- Drain and set aside (Will use it later).
2. Toast the hazelnuts
- In a dry large frying pan over medium heat, toast the hazelnuts with stirring for about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer it to cutting board and chop roughly (Will use it as a topping at the end).
3. Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the scallions, thinly slice the scallions, separate white and green part. Green part will be used as a topping at the end.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Cut lengthwise down sides of the corn to remove the kernels.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
4. Cook the chickpeas and corn
- In the frying pan, warm 1 to 2 tbsps of oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the white part of the scallions for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and the spice blend, cook about 2-3 minutes with stirring.
- Add the corn and cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Assemble the salad
- In a large bowl, toss together the chickpea and corn mixture, farro, dill, arugula, sherry vinegar, and 1 or 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ricotta salata cheese, hazelnuts, and green part of scallions as a topping.
Overall taste, was very fresh! The flavor of dill was like cucumber pickles. I don’t personally like pickles, but it was great with the salad. I could taste crunchy of hazelnuts and rich cheese flavor. The chickpeas were little spicy and salty. Farro made me full. It was very good light dish. I recommand trying it as a lunch. I will come back with other meal kits. Thank you reading:)
Rate: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 because the portion was pretty small so I was hungry at night haha.
One reply on “[MEAL KIT] Farro and corn salad with spiced chickpeas and toasted hazelnuts”
Looks so good 🙂