I start ordering meal kits for about 3 months. I start it because it was so annoying that I have to think “what am I going to eat today?”. It was so stressful to me because I didn’t want to eat the same menu of meals every day. I wanted to have a different meal dish every day, but it must be a healthy option. I have tried a couple of meal kit companies like Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, Sunbasket, and Everyplates. Meal kits from Blue Apron and Hello Fresh were pretty delicious, but they were not healthy. They wanted me to put too much oil and salt. Their meals were too salty and oily. The Everyplates’ meal dishes were too simple, so I decided not to order them after 1 trial. I was looking for healthier meal kits and Sunbasket was a great option. Their dishes had healthier, low sodium, and low fat options. However, Sunbasket is the most expensive from I have tried. Let’s keep it secret! haha. I will share their recipes and how to cook the dishes with you from now on (They allowed me to post it on my website, by the way). I hope you enjoy it:)
Today’s dish is “Thai Chicken with Stir-fried Green beans and Marinated Tomatoes”.
This is for 2 servings.
Cooking Time: 25-40 minutes
- 10 pieces of Organic Grape Tomatoes
- 1 of Organic White or Brown Onion
- Thai Dressing (Mix 1 tbsp of each maple syrup, Lime juice, and Fish sauce)
- 2 Larger Pieces of Chicken breast or chicken thighs
- Turmeric spice blend (Mix 1 tbsp of each granulated garlic powder, Turmeric, and Ground ginger powder)
- About 20 pieces of Organic Green beans
- 3 cloves of Organic garlic
- Cashew nuts
- Medium bowl
- Large frying pan
- Knife and cutting board
1. Pre and mrinate the tomatoes and onion
- Cut the tomatoes in half; Peel and thinly slice the onion
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tomatoes and onion with 2 tsp of Thai dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the meal
2. Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chickens dry with a paper towel
- Season with salt, pepper, and the turmeric spice blend on both sides.
- In a larger frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 or 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add the seasoned chickens and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Don’t clean up the pan.
3. Prep the remaining ingredients and cook stir-fry.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans
- Chop garlic cloves and Cashew nuts finely
- In the same pan used for the chicken, warm 1 or 2 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the green beans and cook until starting to brown for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cashew nuts, and 1 tbsp of the Thai dressing sauce; stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Combine all the ingredients that cooked and serve on a plate.
- Taste: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of 5 stars; the chicken was very juicy. The marinated onion and tomatoes were crunchy and refreshing my mouth; Green beans and cashew nuts were crunchy and yummy.
- Easy to cook: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ There were a bit to prep.
- Health: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it seems pretty healthy because it is low sodium, low fat, and no carbonates. I heard that turmeric is very healthy to our body and most of their ingredients are organic.
I would definately recommend this recipe!!!
Please try it. You will love it.
Thank you for reading:)